How Often to Replace Car Battery
Do you know when or how often to replace your car battery? Industry experts and auto manufacturers recommend replacing your car battery every four to five years. However, there are other things that can cause it to deteriorate faster. So, how to know if your car battery needs to be replaced depends on the weather and other factors. Learn more about your car battery here, and then contact Hyundai of Columbia in Columbia with any additional questions!
How to Know If Your Car Battery Needs to Be Replaced
When you’re driving around Columbia and you notice any of the following warning signs, it’s probably time to replace your battery:
- Dimming headlights
- Often needs a jump start
- Abnormal power fluctuations
- It’s taking longer to start the engine when you turn the key or push the button
Why Do Car Batteries Deteriorate?
There are many reasons that a car battery deteriorates and begins to lose its ability to stay charged on that daily commute to Columbia. For example:
- Road vibrations: Rough road conditions, like off-roading and potholes, can cause your battery’s clamps to loosen and even internal battery parts to break down.
- Time: As with most things in life, time, use, and normal wear and tear can cause your car battery to wear out.
- Extreme Weather: Both extreme heat and cold can wreak havoc on your car battery. During hot weather, the liquids inside your car battery can sometimes evaporate; and during cold weather, it can lose its charge.
- Frequent Jumps: Frequent jump-starts will decrease the lifespan of your battery, so be careful to always turn lights off when not needed.
If you’re unsure of the expected lifespan for your car battery, check your vehicle’s owner’s manual or call the service department at Hyundai of Columbia.
How to Test a Car Battery
Do you know how to test a car battery? No worries, we do! When you bring your vehicle in for regular maintenance to Hyundai of Columbia, our service specialists can test your car battery for you. If you want it tested in between maintenance visits, simply schedule an appointment online or over the phone
How Much is a Replacement Car Battery?
Generally, if your car battery needs replaced, it will cost you between $75 and $120. However, premium batteries can cost up to $200. Hybrid car batteries can also cost more because they’re far more complex. They can cost anywhere between $1,000 and $6,000.
Trust Hyundai of Columbia for All Your Battery Needs!
Now that you know how often to replace a car battery, if you need a new one, bring your vehicle to Hyundai of Columbia You can also order one at the parts center. Remember, Hyundai of Columbia, near Columbia, is always at your service. Contact us today!
Learn More With Hyundai of Columbia
While the answer to the question, “Do all Hyundai Santa Fe models have 3rd row seating,” is no, this compact SUV is plenty spacious. In fact, we think the 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe proves you don’t always need to aim for a midsize or full-size SUV — which tend to be costlier — to get…